Activities Amounting To Ragging & Scope Of Anti Ragging Measures
According to UGC Regulations on Curbing the Menace of Ragging in Higher Education Institutions, 2009, the committee has been constituted to prohibit, prevent and eliminate the courge of ragging in the College including:
- any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or byan act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student.
- indulging in disciplined activities by any student or students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship, physical or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension there of in any fresher or any other student.
- asking any student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame,or mentor embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any other student.
- any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of any other student or a fresher.
- exploiting the services of a fresher or any other student for completing the academic tasks assigned to an individual or a group of students.
- any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any other student by students.
- any act of physical abuse including all variants of it: sexual abuse, stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to health or person.
- any act or abuse by spoken words, emails, post, public insults which would also include deriving perverted pleasure, vicarious or sadistic thrill from actively or passively participating in the discomfiture to fresher or any other student.
- any act that affects the mental health and self-confidence of a fresher or any other student with or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power,authority or superiority by a student over any fresher or any other student.
Administrative Action In The Event Of Ragging
The Institution shall punish a student found guilty of ragging after following the procedure and in the manner prescribed here in under:
- The Anti-Ragging Committee of the institution shall take an appropriate decision, in regard to punishment or otherwise, depending on the facts of each incident of ragging and nature and gravity of the incident of ragging established in the recommendations of the Anti-Ragging Squad.
- The Anti-Ragging Committee may, depending on the nature and gravity of the guilt established by the Anti-Ragging Squad, award, to those found guilty, one or more of the following punishments, namely.
i. Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges.
ii. Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefits.
iii. Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or another evaluation process.
iv. Withholding results.
v. Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
vi. Suspension/expulsion from the hostel.
vii. Cancellation of admission.
viii. Rustication from the institution for period ranging from one to four semesters.
ix. Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution for a specified period. Provided that where the persons committing or abetting the act of ragging are not identified, the institution shall resort to collective punishment.