National INNOVATION and STARTUP Policy (NISP) for Students and Faculty
The ‘National Innovation and Start-up Policy 2019 for students and faculty in HEIs was launched by Former Minister of Education, Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ on 11th September 2019 at AICTE, New Delhi.
This policy intends to guide HEIs in promoting student-driven innovations & start-ups and to engage the students and faculty in innovation and start-up activities on campus. The policy aims at enabling HEIs to build, streamline and strengthen the innovation and entrepreneurial ecosystem in the campus. It will be instrumental in leveraging the potential of students’ creative problem-solving and entrepreneurial mindset and promoting strong intra and inter-institutional partnerships with ecosystem enablers and different stakeholders at regional, national and international level. The policy is being implemented by MoE’s Innovation Cell and in coordination AICTE, UGC, state/ UT governments and universities. Implementation of policy has been undertaken for quick adoption by HEIs. The present policy is a way forward to the earlier version of AICTE’s Start-up Policy which was launched in the year 2016 to complement the Startup Action Plan under the Startup India and Stand-up India Program launched by the Honourable Prime Minister of India.
Vision/Goal of I&E Policy & Action Plan
- The I&E policy set vision and set directional support to HEIs. It aims at adopting innovative and entrepreneurial strategies and approaches at all level of HEI to establish, streamline and strengthen the I&E ecosystem to generate quality innovations and entrepreneurs.
- The action plan is a roadmap to achieve the I&E policy goal by setting objectives and activities to be undertaken in the specified timeline with defined targets and milestones.
- I&E policy and action plan adopt a monitoring and impact evaluation methodology which ensures all planned programs and activities progress as desired and accomplish the goal.
The objective of the I&E policy, along with the action plan
- To establish institutional mechanisms, processes, and guidelines to generate knowledge, intellectual properties, and innovations from institutes and commercialization of innovations through technology transfer, technology licensing, and startups, etc.
- To Develop a critical mass of motivated students & faculties with creative potential, entrepreneurial orientation & skill sets.
- To build and strengthen the in-house mentor pool and human resource capacity to drive campus I&E activities; regularly identifying, handholding, and guiding potential/early-stage entrepreneurs and student innovators at the Institute.
- To build infrastructure support and facilities to promote innovation & startup and enable an environment of easy access to resources within and outside the institute.
- To strengthen the intra and inter-institutional partnership and collaboration with the ecosystem at different levels and co-creation of new program interventions.
CCET’S VISION, MISSION, GOAL, AND OBJECTIVE
To make Christ College of Engineering and Technology (CCET) as one of the Indian Innovation Hubs and the most preferred destination for Start-ups by 2030
To generate, support and cultivate a vibrant Start-up ecosystem in CCET resulting in innovation and entrepreneurship-driven employment and economic growth.
Short-term Objectives (Outcomes)
Encourage, facilitate, and support the development of at least 05 technology start-ups in CCET.
Long-term Objectives (Impacts)
Extend dedicated support to at least 5 Indian high-growth start-ups developing innovative technology solutions that have a great social impact in the sectors like sanitation, food, clean energy, healthcare, education, etc.
POLICY DOCUMENT (NISP)
The policy document of SEC NISP is divided into the following broad heading. However, they are overlapping, and no strict division to be made.
- Strategy for governance.
- Infrastructure and resource utilization.
- Supporting and Honouring Innovation.
- Ownership of technology.
- Moving forward and advancement
- Impact Creation and its measurement.